|Cisco Optical SDH Exam|
No of Questions :
|59 Q & A with Explanation|
Unlimited Life Time Package Detials
642-321 Exam training, Plus Over 3000 Exams Exam Training Tools Included
Cisco Optical SDH Exam
The Optical SDH exam is one of the two qualifying theater exams available to candidates pursuing the Cisco Optical Specialist certification. This exam is recommended for candidates in Americas, APAC (except Korea), EMEA, and Japan. Test materials covered in the recommended Cisco Optical Specialist curriculum: Cisco ONS 15454 SDH Turn Up, Text, Provisioning, and Operation Training (OSTPO); Cisco ONS 15216 Provisioning and Operation Training (OPODA); and Optical Fundamentals (OF). The exam will certify that the successful candidate has important knowledge and skills necessary to understand the protocols, principles, and underlying technologies of optical systems, such as fiber optic fundamentals, SONET, SDH - emphasis on SDH, DWDM, and optical cross connects. In addition, a Cisco Optical Specialist 1 will be able to design, configure, build, operate, and troubleshoot Cisco optical networking products, (including ONS 15454, & ONS 15216) in METRO/Regional and METRO/Access network environment.
* Describe Light and Fiber Optic Basics (Characteristics of Light, Properties and Components of Optical Fiber, Reflection, Refraction, and Fiber Types)
* Describe Passive Components of an Optical Network ( What is a Passive Component? and Attenuators)
* Describe Active Components of an Optical Network (Optical Transmitters, Receivers, and Regenerator)
* Explain the Factors that Impact Optical System Design (Optical Power, Optical Power Budget, splicing loss, margin tolerances, Optical Attenuation and Loss, Single Channel Power vs. Composite Power, Dispersion, Other NON-linearities, and Chirp, source modulation technique.)
* Explain signal regeneration (What are the three Rs, What are the two Rs, Signal Regeneration in Real Networks)
Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) Principles
* Explain Dispersion in DWDM Systems (Harmonics, Measuring Dispersion, Effects of Dispersion on Telecom Signals, Polarization Mode Dispersion, Calculating Dispersion Budget)
* Describe Optical filters [Characteristics of Filters, Types of filters, Thin Film Filters, Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG)]
* Explain the Characteristics and Structure of Multiplexers (Characteristics of Multiplexers, Structure of an ADD/Drop, Thin Film Multiplexer, Fiber Bragg Grating Multiplexer, Arrayed Wave Guide.)
* Compare Types of Lasers and Receivers (Direct modulation, external modulation) for DWDM Transmission
* Describe Optical Amplification Options (Design and understand the Functionality of EDFA, Optical Gain, Building Feedback into an Amplifier, Gain Competition, Raman Amplifiers.)
* Explain OSNR (What is OSNR?, OSNR Calculation in one amplifier, OSNR Calculation in Multiple amplifiers, Limitations due to OSNR.)
Service Provisioning, Operation and Troubleshooting (216 DWDM)
* Describe the components of the ONS 15216 system, supported configurations, and network applications
* Describe the functions and characteristics of the DWDM system created by combining ONS 15454 OC-48 ITU cards and ONS 15216 DWDM filters
* Describe the functions, characteristics, and applications of the ONS 15216 OADMs
* Describe the functions, characteristics, and applications of the ONS 15216 EDFAs
* Describe the functions and characteristics of the ONS 15216 DCU
* Given various SDH hierarchy levels, compute the bit rates, identify the main protection switching concepts for SNCP, MS-SPRing, and Linear Configurations.
* Compare and contrast SNC and MS-SPRing ring technology (capacity, application, node limiatations, design constraints, traffic flow and APS.)
* Analyze optical characteristics related to SDH Overhead (Identify the SDH overhead bytes at the line, section, and path that directly relate to SDH OAM&P. (SES, APS, etc.)
* Define the information payload and describe it's size, Frame sizing (STM-n), Interleaving vs. Concatenation vs. Scrambling (ITU G.707).
* Describe the methods used to encapsulate E3/E4 into VC-n/STM-n (and possibly E1's into VC-n)
* Troubleshoot Optical Network Problems Related to SDH. Identify the procedure for performing loopback tests to the client and to the network. Given several major failure conditions and their associated alarm indicators, describe how they would affect users, AIS vs LOS alarms, pointer issues, errored seconds, CRC checking, APS Trouble types (see ITU G.707)
* Implement Synchronization Timing in a SDH Network (Describe the synchronization timing modes, Describe Sync Status Messaging (SSM) and Sync. Distribution.
* Explain the key differences and similarites of SDH and SONET (overhead information, multiplexing, payload mapping, protection schemes, synchronization, and performance monitoring.)
* Describe the internetworking principles between SDH and SONET and the method of transporting SDH over SONET (SS bits, DCC, line rate)
Service Provisioning, Operation and Troubleshooting (15454 SDH)
* Describe the procedures for configuring a Cisco ONS 15454 in a Data Communications Network.
* Describe the shelf layout, shelf hardware, and backplane interfaces
* Set the timing parameters in the ONS 15454 from the CTC Timing subtab
* Describe the following protection schemes and their application to the ONS 15454. (1+1 (one plus one) protection, 1:1 (one for one) protection, 1:N (one for "N") protection)
* Identify the following, as applied to an ONS 15454. (Typical point-to-point optical fiber routing, 1+1 protection groups, Typical linear add/drop multiplexer (ADM) configuration optical fiber routing.)
* Describe the procedures for creating circuits and their impact on the crossconnect matrices (VC-12 and VC-4, linear vs. ring)
* Describe the operation and application of ONS 15454 SNCP. [Typical optical fiber routing, SNCP VC protection, Typical signal paths, Automatic protection switching, Major steps required to create a SNCP, SNCP dual node interconnect (Integrated and traditional)]
* Identify a Low Order VC-12 or VC-3 circuit and a VC-4 Low Order tunnel, and how each applies to the ONS 15454
* Describe the operation and application of MS-SPRing's in the ONS 15454 (Typical two-fiber MS-SPRing optical fiber routing, MS-SPRing VC protection, Typical signal paths, Automatic protection switching, Protection channel access, Major steps to create a two-fiber MS-SPRing, Four-fiber MS-SPRing span switching, Four-fiber MS-SPRing ring switching, Two-fiber to four-fiber MS-SPRing upgrade.)
* Describe the Ethernet card types and their application in the ONS 15454
* Identify the major steps needed to add or remove a node to an existing MS-SPRing
* Describe PPMN (Path Protected Mesh Network) in the ONS 15454 and how it compares with SNCP and MS-SPRing
* Describe the protocol and operation of the ONS 15454 DCC and interoperability requirements in a multi-vendor environment
Make The Best Choice Chose - Actualkey
Make yourself more valuable in today's competitive computer industry Actualkey's preparation material includes the most excellent features, prepared by the same dedicated experts who have come together to offer an integrated solution. We provide the most excellent and simple method to pass your Cisco Specialist 642-321 exam on the first attempt "GUARANTEED".
Our Unlimited Access Package will prepare you for your exam with guaranteed results, 642-321 Study Guide. Your exam will download as a single 642-321 PDF or complete 642-321 testing engine as well as over +1500 other technical exam PDF and exam engine downloads. Forget buying your prep materials separately at three time the price of our unlimited access plan - skip the 642-321 audio exams and select the one package that gives it all to you at your discretion: 642-321 Study Materials featuring the exam engine.
Actualkey 642-321 Exam Preparation Tools
Actualkey Cisco Specialist preparation begins and ends with your accomplishing this credential goal. Although you will take each Cisco Specialist online test one at a time - each one builds upon the previous. Remember that each Cisco Specialist exam paper is built from a common certification foundation.
642-321 Exam Testing Engines
Beyond knowing the answer, and actually understanding the 642-321 test questions puts you one step ahead of the test. Completely understanding a concept and reasoning behind how something works, makes your task second nature. Your 642-321 quiz will melt in your hands if you know the logic behind the concepts. Any legitimate Cisco Specialist prep materials should enforce this style of learning - but you will be hard pressed to find more than a Cisco Specialist practice test anywhere other than Actualkey.
642-321 Exam Questions and Answers with Explanation
This is where your Cisco Specialist 642-321 exam prep really takes off, in the testing your knowledge and ability to quickly come up with answers in the 642-321 online tests. Using Specialist 642-321 practice exams is an excellent way to increase response time and queue certain answers to common issues.
642-321 Exam Study Guides
All Cisco Specialist online tests begin somewhere, and that is what the EMC Specialist training course will do for you: create a foundation to build on. Study guides are essentially a detailed Cisco Specialist 642-321 tutorial and are great introductions to new Cisco Specialist training courses as you advance. The content is always relevant, and compound again to make you pass your 642-321 exams on the first attempt. You will frequently find these 642-321 PDF files downloadable and can then archive or print them for extra reading or studying on-the-go.
642-321 Exam Video Training
For some, this is the best way to get the latest Cisco Specialist 642-321 training. However you decide to learn 642-321 exam topics is up to you and your learning style. The Actualkey Cisco Specialist products and tools are designed to work well with every learning style. Give us a try and sample our work. You'll be glad you did.
642-321 Other Features
* Realistic practice questions just like the ones found on certification exams.
* Each guide is composed from industry leading professionals real Cisco Specialist notes, certifying 100% brain dump free.
* Study guides and exam papers are guaranteed to help you pass on your first attempt or your money back.
* Designed to help you complete your certificate using only
* Delivered in PDF format for easy reading and printing Actualkey unique CBT 642-321 will have you dancing the Cisco Specialist jig before you know it..
* Specialist 642-321 prep files are frequently updated to maintain accuracy. Your courses will always be up to date.
Get Specialist ebooks from Actualkey which contain real 642-321 exam questions and answers. You WILL pass your Specialist exam on the first attempt using only Actualkey's Specialist excellent preparation tools and tutorials.