|Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP)|
No of Questions :
|181 Q & A with Explanation|
Unlimited Life Time Package Detials
642-661 Exam training, Plus Over 3000 Exams Exam Training Tools Included
Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers Exam
Exam Number: 642-661
The 642-661 BGP exam is a qualifying exam for the CCIP certification. The 642-661 BGP exam tests material covered under the Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP) v 3.1 course. The BGP exam assesses a candidate's understanding of the theory of BGP, ability to configure BGP on Cisco IOS routers, and skills with troubleshooting on BGP. As a routing protocol, BGP is one of the underlying foundations of the Internet and new-world technologies.
The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the BGP exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam.
Introduction to BGP
* Given a network scenario, identify appropriate BGP usage and its limitations
BGP Session Establishment
* Given a typical BGP network scenario, describe the concept of BGP neighbors and the neighbor session establishment procedures
BGP Route Processing
* Given a diagram of an operational BGP network, describe interdomain route processing, route propagation and BGP path selection
Basic BGP Configuration
* Given a network consisting of multiple domains, successfully configure BGP
Monitoring and Troubleshooting BGP
* Given a configured BGP network, verify proper operation and perform the steps necessary to correct basic BGP configuration errors
Route Selection Using Policy Controls
Multi-Homed BGP Networks
* Given a customer scenario where connections to multiple ISPs must be supported, describe the need for influencing BGP route selection
* Given a customer scenario where connections to multiple ISPs must be supported, successfully configure BGP to influence route selection using AS path filters
* Given a customer scenario where connections to multiple ISPs must be supported, successfully configure BGP to influence route selection using prefix-list filters
Outbound Route Filtering
* Given an operational BGP network, use outbound route filtering to minimize the impact of BGP routing updates on router resources
Route-Maps as BGP Filters
* Given a typical BGP network, correctly configure BGP to influence route selection using route maps
Implementing Changes in BGP Policy
* Given a typical BGP network, configure the route-refresh feature to minimize the impact of expediting BGP policy updates
Route Selection Using Attributes
BGP Path Attributes
* List BGP path attributes and functionality of each attribute Influencing BGP Route Selection with Weights
* Given a customer scenario where multiple connections must be supported, successfully configure BGP to influence route selection using the weight attribute
BGP Local Preference
* Given a customer scenario where multiple connections must be supported, successfully configure BGP to influence route selection using the local preference attribute
BGP Multi-Exit-Discriminator (MED)
* Given a customer scenario where multiple connections must be supported, successfully configure BGP to influence route selection using the Multi-Exit-Discriminator (MED) attribute
* Given a customer scenario where multiple connections must be supported, successfully configure BGP to influence route selection using BGP community attributes
Customer-to-Provider Connectivity with BGP
Customer Connectivity Requirements
* Describe the requirements to connect customer networks to the Internet in a service provider environment
Static Routing Toward the Customer
* Given a service provider network, implement customer connectivity using static routing
BGP Customer Multi-Homed to a Single Service Provider
* Given a customer scenario where multiple connections to a single ISP must be supported, implement customer connectivity with BGP
BGP Customer Multi-Homed to Multiple Service Providers
* Given a customer scenario where connections to multiple ISPs must be supported, implement customer connectivity with BGP
BGP Transit Autonomous System
Transit Autonomous System Functions
* Describe the function of a transit autonomous system and the need for IBGP IBGP and EBGP Interaction in a Transit AS
* Given a transit autonomous system, describe the interaction between EBGP and IBGP in relation to relevant BGP attributes
Packet Forwarding in Transit Autonomous Systems
* Describe the function of an IGP in forwarding packets through an autonomous system
Configuring a Transit Autonomous System
* Given a BGP network scenario, successfully configure an autonomous system to act as a transit backbone
Monitoring and Troubleshooting IBGP in Transit AS
* Given a configured BGP transit network, verify proper operation and perform the steps necessary to correct basic IBGP configuration errors
BGP Route Reflectors
Introduction to Route Reflectors
* Describe the function and operation of route reflectors in a BGP environment
Network Design with Route Reflectors
* Based upon established route reflector design rules, describe the concept of hierarchial route reflectors and their requirements
Configuring and Monitoring Route Reflectors
* Given an existing IBGP network, configure and verify proper operation of route reflectors to modify IBGGP split-horizon rules
Advanced BGP Configuration
Limiting the Number of Prefixes Received from a BGP Neighbor
* Given a typical BGP network, successfully configure BGP to limit the number of prefixes received from a neighbor
* Given a typical service provider network with connections to multiple autonomous systems, use AS-Path prepending to influence the return path selected by the neighboring autonomous systems
BGP Peer Group
* Given a typical BGP network, use BGP peer groups to share common configuration parameters between multiple BGP peers
BGP Route Flap Dampening
* Given a properly configured BGP network, use route flap dampening to minimize the impact of unstable routes
Scaling IGP and BGP in Service Provider Networks
Common Routing Issues in Service Provider Networks
* Describe common routing concerns of service provider networks
Optical Networking Designs
* Describe the scalability issues of using OSPF and IS-IS as interior gateway protocols in a service provider network and list solutions for each
Scaling BGP in Service Provider Networks
* Describe common scalability issues when using BGP in a service provider network and list solutions for each
Make The Best Choice Chose - Actualkey
Make yourself more valuable in today's competitive computer industry Actualkey's preparation material includes the most excellent features, prepared by the same dedicated experts who have come together to offer an integrated solution. We provide the most excellent and simple method to pass your CCIP 642-661 exam on the first attempt "GUARANTEED".
Our Unlimited Access Package will prepare you for your exam with guaranteed results, 642-661 Study Guide. Your exam will download as a single 642-661 PDF or complete 642-661 testing engine as well as over +1500 other technical exam PDF and exam engine downloads. Forget buying your prep materials separately at three time the price of our unlimited access plan - skip the 642-661 audio exams and select the one package that gives it all to you at your discretion: 642-661 Study Materials featuring the exam engine.
Actualkey 642-661 Exam Preparation Tools
Actualkey CCIP preparation begins and ends with your accomplishing this credential goal. Although you will take each CCIP online test one at a time - each one builds upon the previous. Remember that each CCIP exam paper is built from a common certification foundation.
642-661 Exam Testing Engines
Beyond knowing the answer, and actually understanding the 642-661 test questions puts you one step ahead of the test. Completely understanding a concept and reasoning behind how something works, makes your task second nature. Your 642-661 quiz will melt in your hands if you know the logic behind the concepts. Any legitimate CCIP prep materials should enforce this style of learning - but you will be hard pressed to find more than a CCIP practice test anywhere other than Actualkey.
642-661 Exam Questions and Answers with Explanation
This is where your CCIP 642-661 exam prep really takes off, in the testing your knowledge and ability to quickly come up with answers in the 642-661 online tests. Using Specialist 642-661 practice exams is an excellent way to increase response time and queue certain answers to common issues.
642-661 Exam Study Guides
All CCIP online tests begin somewhere, and that is what the EMC Specialist training course will do for you: create a foundation to build on. Study guides are essentially a detailed CCIP 642-661 tutorial and are great introductions to new CCIP training courses as you advance. The content is always relevant, and compound again to make you pass your 642-661 exams on the first attempt. You will frequently find these 642-661 PDF files downloadable and can then archive or print them for extra reading or studying on-the-go.
642-661 Exam Video Training
For some, this is the best way to get the latest CCIP 642-661 training. However you decide to learn 642-661 exam topics is up to you and your learning style. The Actualkey CCIP products and tools are designed to work well with every learning style. Give us a try and sample our work. You'll be glad you did.
642-661 Other Features
* Realistic practice questions just like the ones found on certification exams.
* Each guide is composed from industry leading professionals real CCIP notes, certifying 100% brain dump free.
* Study guides and exam papers are guaranteed to help you pass on your first attempt or your money back.
* Designed to help you complete your certificate using only
* Delivered in PDF format for easy reading and printing Actualkey unique CBT 642-661 will have you dancing the CCIP jig before you know it..
* Specialist 642-661 prep files are frequently updated to maintain accuracy. Your courses will always be up to date.
Get Specialist ebooks from Actualkey which contain real 642-661 exam questions and answers. You WILL pass your Specialist exam on the first attempt using only Actualkey's Specialist excellent preparation tools and tutorials.