|Designing Security for a MS Windows Server 2003 Network|
No of Questions :
Full Access Price:
|70-298 and 4000+ Exams
Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
The Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Windows Server 2003 credential is intended for IT professionals who work in the typically complex computing environment o f medium to large companies. An MCSE candidate should have at least one year o f experience implementing and administering a network operating system in environments that have the following characteristics:
* 250 to 5,000 o r more users
* Three o r more physical locations
* Three o r more domain controllers
* Network services and resources such as messaging, database, file and print, proxy server, firewall, Internet, intranet, remote access, and client computer management
* Connectivity requirements such as connecting branch o ffices and individual users in remote locations to the corporate network and connecting corporate networks to the Internet
In addition, an MCSE candidate should have at least one year o f experience in the following areas:
* Designing a network infrastructure
* Implementing and administering a desktop operating system
Credit Toward Certification
Exam 70-298: Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
* Core credit toward Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) o n Windows Server 2003 certification
* Core credit toward Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE): Security o n Windows Server 2003 certification
This Training will Cover
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight o f each major topic area o n the exam.
Creating the Conceptual Design for Network Infrastructure Security by Gathering and Analyzing Business and Technical Requirements
* Analyze business requirements for designing security. Considerations include existing policies and procedures, sensitivity o f data, cost, legal requirements, end-user impact, interoperability, maintainability, scalability, and risk.
o Analyze existing security policies and procedures.
o Analyze the organizational requirements for securing data.
o Analyze the security requirements o f different types o f data.
o Analyze risks to security within the current IT administration structure and security practices.
* Design a framework for designing and implementing security. The framework should include prevention, detection, isolation, and recovery.
o Predict threats to your network from internal and external sources.
o Design a process for responding to incidents.
o Design segmented networks.
o Design a process for recovering services.
* Analyze technical constraints when designing security.
o Identify capabilities o f the existing infrastructure.
o Identify technology limitations.
o Analyze interoperability constraints.
Creating the Logical Design for Network Infrastructure Security
* Design a public key infrastructure (PKI) that uses Certificate Services.
o Design a certification authority (CA) hierarchy implementation. Types include geographical, organizational, and trusted.
o Design enrollment and distribution processes.
o Establish renewal, revocation and auditing processes.
o Design security for CA servers.
* Design a logical authentication strategy.
o Design certificate distribution.
o Design forest and domain trust models.
o Design security that meets interoperability requirements.
o Establish account and password requirements for security.
* Design security for network management.
o Design the administration o f servers by using common administration tools. Tools include Microsoft Management Console (MMC), Terminal Server, Remote Desktop for Administration, Remote Assistance, and Telnet.
o Design security for Emergency Management Services.
o Manage the risk o f managing networks.
* Design a security update infrastructure.
o Design a strategy for identifying computers that are not at the current patch level.
o Design a Software Update Services (SUS) infrastructure.
o Design Group Policy to deploy software updates.
Creating the Physical Design for Network Infrastructure Security
* Design network infrastructure security.
o Specify the required protocols for a firewall configuration.
o Design IP filtering.
o Design an IPSec policy.
o Secure a DNS implementation.
o Design security for data transmission.
* Design security for wireless networks.
o Design public and private wireless LANs.
o Design 802.1x authentication for wireless networks.
* Design user authentication for Internet Information Services (IIS).
o Design user authentication for a Web site by using certificates.
o Design user authentication for a Web site by using IIS authentication.
o Design user authentication for a Web site by using RADIUS for IIS authentication.
* Design security for Internet Information Services (IIS).
o Design security for Web sites that have different technical requirements by enabling o nly the minimum required services.
o Design a monitoring strategy for IIS.
o Design an IIS baseline that is based o n business requirements.
o Design a content management strategy for updating an IIS server.
* Design security for communication between networks.
o Select protocols for VPN access.
o Design VPN connectivity.
o Design demand-dial routing between internal networks.
* Design security for communication with external organizations.
o Design an extranet infrastructure.
o Design a strategy for cross-certification o f Certificate Services.
* Design security for servers that have specific roles. Roles include domain controller, network infrastructure server, file server, IIS server, terminal server, and POP3 mail server.
o Define a baseline security template for all systems.
o Create a plan to modify baseline security templates according to role.
Designing an Access Control Strategy for Data
* Design an access control strategy for directory services.
o Create a delegation strategy.
o Analyze auditing requirements.
o Design the appropriate group strategy for accessing resources.
o Design a permission structure for directory service objects.
* Design an access control strategy for files and folders.
o Design a strategy for the encryption and decryption o f files and folders.
o Design a permission structure for files and folders.
o Design security for a backup and recovery strategy.
o Analyze auditing requirements.
* Design an access control strategy for the registry.
o Design a permission structure for registry objects.
o Analyze auditing requirements.
Creating the Physical Design for Client Infrastructure Security
* Design a client authentication strategy.
o Analyze authentication requirements.
o Establish account and password security requirements.
* Design a security strategy for client remote access.
o Design remote access policies.
o Design access to internal resources.
o Design an authentication provider and accounting strategy for remote network access by using Internet Authentication Service (IAS).
* Design a strategy for securing client computers.
o Considerations include desktop and portable computers.
o Design a strategy for hardening client operating systems.
o Design a strategy for restricting user access to operating system features.
Make The Best Choice Chose - Actualkey
Make yourself more valuable in today's competitive computer industry Actualkey's preparation material includes the most excellent features, prepared by the same dedicated experts who have come together to offer an integrated solution. We provide the most excellent and simple method to pass your MCSE 70-298 exam on the first attempt "GUARANTEED".
Our Unlimited Access Package will prepare you for your exam with guaranteed results, 70-298 Study Guide. Your exam will download as a single 70-298 PDF or complete 70-298 testing engine as well as over +1500 other technical exam PDF and exam engine downloads. Forget buying your prep materials separately at three time the price of our unlimited access plan - skip the 70-298 audio exams and select the one package that gives it all to you at your discretion: 70-298 Study Materials featuring the exam engine.
Actualkey 70-298 Exam Preparation Tools
Actualkey MCSE preparation begins and ends with your accomplishing this credential goal. Although you will take each MCSE online test one at a time - each one builds upon the previous. Remember that each MCSE exam paper is built from a common certification foundation.
70-298 Exam Testing Engines
Beyond knowing the answer, and actually understanding the 70-298 test questions puts you one step ahead of the test. Completely understanding a concept and reasoning behind how something works, makes your task second nature. Your 70-298 quiz will melt in your hands if you know the logic behind the concepts. Any legitimate MCSE prep materials should enforce this style of learning - but you will be hard pressed to find more than a MCSE practice test anywhere other than Actualkey.
70-298 Exam Questions and Answers with Explanation
This is where your MCSE 70-298 exam prep really takes off, in the testing your knowledge and ability to quickly come up with answers in the 70-298 online tests. Using Specialist 70-298 practice exams is an excellent way to increase response time and queue certain answers to common issues.
70-298 Exam Study Guides
All MCSE online tests begin somewhere, and that is what the EMC Specialist training course will do for you: create a foundation to build on. Study guides are essentially a detailed MCSE 70-298 tutorial and are great introductions to new MCSE training courses as you advance. The content is always relevant, and compound again to make you pass your 70-298 exams on the first attempt. You will frequently find these 70-298 PDF files downloadable and can then archive or print them for extra reading or studying on-the-go.
70-298 Exam Video Training
For some, this is the best way to get the latest MCSE 70-298 training. However you decide to learn 70-298 exam topics is up to you and your learning style. The Actualkey MCSE products and tools are designed to work well with every learning style. Give us a try and sample our work. You'll be glad you did.
70-298 Other Features
* Realistic practice questions just like the ones found on certification exams.
* Each guide is composed from industry leading professionals real MCSE notes, certifying 100% brain dump free.
* Study guides and exam papers are guaranteed to help you pass on your first attempt or your money back.
* Designed to help you complete your certificate using only
* Delivered in PDF format for easy reading and printing Actualkey unique CBT 70-298 will have you dancing the MCSE jig before you know it..
* Specialist 70-298 prep files are frequently updated to maintain accuracy. Your courses will always be up to date.
Get Specialist ebooks from Actualkey which contain real 70-298 exam questions and answers. You WILL pass your Specialist exam on the first attempt using only Actualkey's Specialist excellent preparation tools and tutorials.